Making Your Home Feel New: Affordable Exterior Upgrades
Your home protects you from the elements every day of every year. Whether hot or cold, wet or dry, your home is working on your behalf. And, through it all, your home eventually needs maintenance and repair. When the time comes to maintain or repair, you have a great opportunity to create a new look and a visual impact without breaking your budget.
Often people want smaller projects to complete, but they may not have the know-how, time or physical ability to do them. Many times, specialty contractors and remodelers shy away from smaller projects because their overhead situations do not allow them to work on the projects in an efficient and profitable fashion. Below are a few ideas for giving your home a fresher look that you can do yourself.
Giving Your Home A Quick Makeover
Quick home makeovers can include:
- Painting the trim of your home—immediate and easy.
- Painting the entire home for a totally new look.
- Add a patio and/or walkway in your yard to give your yard a finished, high-end feel.
- Replace doors—whether it’s your main door or storm door for a new accent.
- Coating and/or stenciling on concrete patios, driveways or garages give a unique and beautiful look.
- Build or add to an existing deck.
- Add a screen porch to an existing patio.
- Replace windows for a better look, easier maintenance, and energy savings.
- Add awnings for cosmetic and energy saving reasons.
- New gutters or gutter guards for function and water protection.
- Add pavers, new flowerbeds, trees, and bushes to update your home’s curb appeal.
Selecting to do one or several of the above projects will definitely refresh the look of your home, improving its curb appeal, and its value.