According to researchers and experts on organization, being organized makes you feel more in control and happier! Organization experts have also found that uncluttered homes sell better when they are on the market and leave room for what’s important to your family. The fact is, many average families are inconvenienced by the lack of organization,” says Tim Woollen, Owner of Closet Tailors.
There are great payoffs for you and your family when you are more organized. According to researchers and organization experts, organized people:
- Are less stressed and feel more in charge, less overwhelmed
- Accomplish more, in part by wasting less time
- Have children that perform better in school than others with the same IQ
- And feel better about having people in their home.
Organized For Life
“The bottom line is that there is less clutter when everything has a designated place. There’s no wasted time looking for things and you save money by not having to replace items you can’t find,” says Woolen. The result of organized space is a home designed to improve the flow of your life. The areas in which these storage strategies have the most impact in saving time and hassle are:
- Mudrooms and Entry Ways
- Lockers or Cubbies
- Home Offices
This process drastically reduces floor clutter and allows you to find what you need when you need it. High impact areas include:
– Closets—the more limited the room, the better opportunity you have to achieve a greater impact. You can store your clothes, shoes and accessories easier and have better access to every item.
– Garages – you can organize effectively with slat walls, using specially designed hooks and hardware to keep tools and recreational items off the floor and readily available. Adding a workbench and storage closets and cabinets can transform your garage into a workshop with a clean organized look.
– Mud Rooms – are growing in popularity. You can use lockers, cubbies, and hooks to organize clothing, boots, backpacks, and other daily used items.
– Pantries – can benefit from space planning in that they have custom fitted spice and wine racks designed to give you even more space for storing your staples and clearing out your cupboards and countertops.