A window replacement project can attract all types of characters to your door.
There’s no better time to consider window replacement, upgrades and new windows. Replacement windows can brighten your outlook on life.
But, you cannot be too careful selecting who will provide you with replacement windows. The window replacement industry, even in Madison WI, can bring out the worst in people. The combination of a quick turnaround and high dollar value in replacement windows invites those looking to make a quick profit to get involved. You’re dealing with a subject where few qualify as an expert, neither consumers nor salespeople. The challenge is finding the best while avoiding the worst.
Beware of –
- The low-ball window replacement contractor who may or may not be in existence a year from now. They may have low overhead (a pick-up truck and a hammer) and no traceable track record. Quality workmanship? Are you willing to take the risk with such a significant investment?
- On the opposite end of the scale, are window replacement contractors with huge overhead and the expenses to go with it. And their prices for replacement windows reflect that reality. They demand premium pricing without providing premium value.
Quality Window Replacement Represents Real Value
We believe homeowners looking for replacement windows in Madison WI deserve exceptional value in window replacement and all roofing, siding and remodeling projects. Selecting the best, most reliable window replacement contractor can save thousands today – and thousands more once the project is done. Avoiding scams and window replacement contractors who just “don’t fit” is the first step.
Here are tips to save time and money selecting replacement windows contractors in Madison WI
Avoid Window Replacement Contractors if…
- Confirming the name, address, telephone number or credentials of the window replacement contractor is difficult or impossible
- They try to pressure you into signing a contract on the first meeting
- The window replacement contractor offers a “special, low rate” because your home will be used for advertising
- The windows contractor tells you signing “today” will secure a special price
- The replacement windows contractor has no written references
- You receive out-of-date information or no valid promotions
- Verifying license or insurance information is difficult or impossible
- Payment for the entire job is required in advance
- A salesperson asks to be paid in cash (rather than a check to the company)
- The window replacement company has no website, isn’t in the telephone book, isn’t listed with the Better Business Bureau or with a local trade association, etc
- The window replacement contractor does not inform you of your right to cancel the contract within three days — This grace period allows you to declare the contract null and void without penalty if you change your mind. NOTE: Law in and around Madison WI requires notification in writing of your Right of Rescission.
Be Cautious When Window Replacement contractors…
- Are vague or reluctant to provide straight answers
- Provide unsatisfactory answers to your questions
- Don’t listen well or are impatient
- Are difficult to contact and don’t return calls
- Overall, have poor communication skills or seem deceptive
- Only discuss the work or prices instead of your needs as the homeowner
- Have no previous projects to review – no presentation book, no website, etc
The majority of window replacement companies in Madison WI are reputable. But, there are people who will take advantage of homeowners unfamiliar with the window replacement process.
Getting the highest value from your window replacement project starts by selecting the best contractor in the Madison WI area – and avoiding the worst!
A Final Review Before You Pick a Window Replacement Contractor
- Compare all your quotes – total costs and values
- Be sure your windows contractor is “in it for the long-haul”
- Get prices in writing – no surprises, no extra add-ons
- Double-check for gimmicks – no “fine print”
- Get a workmanship guarantee – does your replacement windows contractor cover his employees’ work as well as the windows themselves
- Are all installers properly trained and certified – preferably by the windows’ maker
- Who is responsible for drawing all the required permits – all liability falls upon the person drawing the permits so you want that to be the contractor, not you
The Sims Exteriors & Remodeling staff are not only well-trained window replacement experts, they are specialists in all remodeling challenges including roofing, siding, ventilation, home additions, bathroom, kitchen and basement remodeling, sun tunnels, deck additions and more.
We are window replacement specialists serving the Madison WI area including Middleton, Waunakee, Fitchburg, Oregon Verona, McFarland, Stoughton, Cottage Grove, Sun Prairie, Deforest and all of Dane County.